Wednesday 31 October 2012

My first online sale!

Curly Kusudama in progress

In the last two weeks, I sold two of my Origami creations online through ItsHandmade.in, which lets individuals sell their stuff through their website. Initially I was going to ship the model I already had, made by my son, but it was a bit soiled, so I made this Kusudama ball from scratch. It uses 60 squares (10.8cm) of 6 colours, from 12 sheets of Frabriano colour copy paper. The folding time was about 3 hours. The Fedex pickup guy was on the dot, and I had to ask him to come back in a few minutes so that I could pack it in a clean shoebox!


Here is what the end product looked like.


The first item I sold was a Spiral Star (design by Tomoko Fuse), made with 4 sheets of metallic embossed paper.

Here is the link to my online 'shop':


ItsHandMade

This site was launched earlier this year, and they are based in Bangalore. Out of curiosity, I signed up and posted a couple of items, giving them an approximate price, lead time, etc. And 2 weeks ago I was pleasantly surprised to see a mail saying that I had an order! In fact I had almost missed the email as I am used to ignoring the regular updates from the site! And then the second order came, which was delivered yesterday.

I am glad to see a few other Origami items on sale at the site, such as lamps and coasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment